Tommy John, a disruptive, venture-backed NY-based brand, is seeking a dynamic Online Marketing Manager, Email & Social Media for its rapidly expanding ecommerce business.
The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of qualitative and quantitative skills (i.e. The candidate should be as equally comfortable with campaign planning and he/she is with data analysis). We are seeking someone who is not only creative, but is naturally curious and is a truth-seeker. He/she needs to have a history making data-driven decisions and be comfortable with some level of ambiguity (but doesn’t default to ambiguity without having explored all the inputs for relevant insights). This is a person that uses data insights as a jumping off point to spur creativity.
Person must be excited by fast growing and disruptive brands like Spanx, Warby Parker, Lululemon, and Bonobos and have helped build and grow brands through creative campaigns and innovative social media tactics.
Position will report directly to the VP of Ecommerce.
- Ownership of email marketing; including campaign and promotion planning, prospecting, and customer lifecycle management
- Social media campaign strategy, tactics and execution to drive sales, build brand awareness, fan engagement and community (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.)
- Generate data insights to drive prospect acquisition and customer retention efforts through email
- Copywriting for website and marketing promotions using our brand voice
- Candidates should have at least 3 years of specific experience in online marketing, ideally with strong exposure to digital, traditional, social, and retail brand building. Direct to consumer experience is required.
- Must have a strong analytical skill set
- Must have excellent written communication skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Brand sensibility demonstrated by an understanding of comparable brands, personal style, and relevant work experience
- Must be a multitasker – the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Should be comfortable within a fluid and fast paced environment – job description captures core responsibilities but role will much more diverse given size of company
- Undergraduate degree
The position will be based in our Flatiron Manhattan (New York, NY) office and full benefits are provided. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should email cover letter, resume and to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Online Marketing Manager, Email & Social Media” in the subject line.
Tommy John is a solution focused men’s underwear brand known for solving an age-old problem with men’s undershirts and was founded in 2009. We solve fit problems through innovative design, unmatched comfort, and smart fabric technology.
Our products are carried at department stores like Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. Our online, direct-to-consumer business is exploding. We were on Business Insider’s list of “Top 51 Companies That Are Changing The Way We Shop“ and comments like “Tommy John is the Apple of Men’s Underwear” confirm the belief that we are onto something revolutionary.